50 Best Beach Quotes to Inspire You
There’s something about the beach than is in itself so inspirational. The ocean, the sandy shore and the seashells are somehow romantic and eternal.
Whether you’re in need of a good inspirational beach quote, an Instagram caption or simply want to be reminded of beach vacations of the past, you’ll love these quotes and sayings.
Here are some of our favorites, that conjure up images of the powerful sea and magical beach days!
I hope these beach quotes will inspire you to live your best life and “seas the day”!
In this post, I’ve gathered 50 beach quotes – some written by famous authors and writers, and others that may be unknown to you. These beach and ocean quotes are beautiful, funny, and inspirational.
I love using beach quotes and sayings in my Instagram captions. However, they can also be used in your bullet journals or even be made into artwork for your bedroom or home office.
If you enjoy the images for these beach quotes and sayings, please PIN to save to your favorite Pinterest board.
Inspirational Beach Quotes
I love these inspirational beach quotes, that remind us of our resilience, strength and creativity.
1. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.”
– Sarah Kay
2. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul.“
– Robert Wyland
3. “We dream in colors borrowed from the sea.”
4. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
– Jon Kabat-Zinn
5. “Storms draw something out of us that calm seas don’t.”
6. “And just when she thought she couldn’t take anymore, the ocean reminded her, she goes on…”
Beach Quotes that Remind us of Life’s Beauty
Somehow, when we’re at the beach, we forget about the beautiful beach house or resort, and become immersed in the natural beauty of the ocean and it’s landscape. Sometimes, it’s all we need.
7. “Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard.”
8. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.”
9. “At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun.”
10. “The beach to me is a sacred zone between the earth and the sea, one of those in-between between places where transitions can be experienced – where endings can be mourned and beginnings birthed. A walk along the beach offers the gift of the unexpected.”
– Joan Anderson
11. “Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.”
12. “Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.”
Beach quotes for those that long for the ocean
There truly is something about the ocean and beach, for those of us that enjoy it, it is more than us. There’s a longing and peacefulness that comes from being closeby the the sea.
13. “Isn’t it strange, the way time moves? I could stand here and watch the sea crash beneath me for hours and it would feel only like minutes had passed.”
– Sjana Elisa Earp
14. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free air was like a cool, quieting thought.”
– Helen Keller
15. “Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.”
– Hermann Broch
16. “I miss the beach, the peace it brings you. I love the sound and smell of the sea.”
– Genesis Rodriguez
17. “The three great elemental sounds of nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a wood and the sound of the ocean outside on a beach.”
– Henry Beston
18. “The beach is truly home, its broad expanse of sand as welcoming as a mother’s open arms. What’s more, this landscape, which extends as far as the eye can see, always reminds me of possibility.”
– Joan Anderson
19. “My dream is to have a house on the beach, even just a little shack somewhere so I can wake up, have coffee, look at dolphins, be quiet and breathe the air.”
– Christina Applegate
20. “Mind on a permanent vacation, the ocean is my only medication, wishing my condition isn’t ever going to go away.”
– Jimmy Buffett
21. “Happiness is a day at the beach with sand between my toes and sunburn on my nose”
22. “To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude.”
– Jeanne Moreau
23. “There’s a magical energy and power from the ocean.”
– Jo Beverley
Beach Quotes About Love
Is anything more innately romantic than being by the ocean at the beach or at sea?
24. “As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart, never full of love.”
25. “Long walks on the beach are the supposed holy grail of a romantic evening. The beach becomes a kind of utopia – the place where all our dreams come true.”
– Roxane Gay
26. “Sometimes just being on a beach with my loved ones is all the adventure I need.”
– Guy Laliberte
27. “You all want to know what my dream is? Very simple. To walk along the beach, holding the hand of my lover.”
– Michelle Bachelet
28. “The ocean is both my mistress and my lover. How else can I explain her salty kiss that is still on my lips.”
– Anthony T. Hincks
29. “Take time in a place you love, restore your spirit on the beach.”
– Luanne Rice
Fun Beach Quotes and Sayings
While these quotes are mostly short and a bit fluffy, sometimes that’s exactly what we need – and how a beach day really feels!)
30. “I followed my heart and it led me to the beach.”
31. “Let the waves hit your feet and the sand be your seat.”
32. “Beach more, worry less.”
33. “I’ll have a side of beach with my morning coffee”
34. “Every day should be a beach day.”
35. “I’m pretty sure my birthstone is a sea shell.”
36. “How to have a beach body: 1. Have a body 2. Go to the beach.”
37. “Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to the beach.”
38. “An ocean breeze puts a mind at ease.”
Powerful Beach and Ocean Quotes
We may have saved the best for last. Some quotes are so deep, that they touch us on a higher level of our humanity.
I hope these inspirational quotes about the beach and ocean, serve as an inspiration for whatever your goals may be!
39. “We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.”
– Aristotle Onassis
41. “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Be water, my friend.”
– Bruce Lee
42. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
– William Arthur Ward
43. “The Ocean is everything I want to be. Beautiful, Mysterious, Wild & Free”
44. “You’re not a wave, you’re a part of the ocean.”
45. “The sea is as near as we come to another world.”
– Anne Stevenson
46. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea, let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.”
– Christy Ann Martine
47. “It’s a wonderful metaphor, catching a wave, for how you can look at other challenges in your life.”
48. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.”
– Kahlil Gibran
49. “Being out there in the ocean – God’s creation – it’s like a gift he has given us to enjoy.”
50. The Starfish Story By Loren Eisely
While I cannot do justice to the original full Starfish Story, by Loren Eisely, here is the gist of the powerful tale.
It’s truly one of my very favorites – if it made you smile even a little, please let me know in the comments below.
A man walked along the beach one morning and saw a boy, picking up one starfish after the other and tossing it back into the ocean. The beach had hundreds of them for miles!
When the man asked the boy what he was doing, he explained that if he didn’t throw them back, with the tide being out, they may die on the beach.
The man pointed out to the boy “Why bother? There’s so many that you really can’t make a difference”.
The boy then picked one up, tossed it back into the ocean, looked up and said to the man, “It made a difference to THIS one”
~ paraphrased based on author Loren Eisely
- 25 Inspirational Ocean Quotes for Those That Love the Sea
- 25 Inspirational Cruise Travel Quotes to Fuel Your Wanderlust
Final Thoughts: Beach Quotes
I hope you enjoyed these beach quotes and sayings and that they’ve inspired you in some way.
As human beings, there’s no question that we’re drawn the ocean and it’s shorelines. You may even feel like you could stare at the waves for hours.
These inspiring beach quotes and sayings remind us of our love and humanity, as well as our sense of wonder and fun!
What’s your favorite beach quote, and what does it mean for you? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.