Can There Really Be 100 Reasons to Take a Cruise?
Ask any avid cruiser, and there sure can!
The fact is, cruising truly has something for everyone – and the awesome experiences are endless!
Whether you want to relax & unwind, have a fun-filled family holiday, party it up with new and old friends, or travel to your bucket list destinations – there are at least 100 great reasons to take a cruise!
While cruise travelers may have different reasons that they each love to cruise, at the heart for many, is the love of the ocean and travel.
If you haven’t take a cruise yet, which reasons appeal to you most?
If you already, what are your best reasons to cruise?
100 Amazing Reasons to Go on a Cruise
*in no particular order
Cruising is both relaxing and fun
1. To relax and unwind both like on no other vacation
2. To visit several different destinations, all in one trip
3. To unpack only once! Such ease of traveling
4. To feel your day to stresses lighten as you sail away from shore
5. To be taken care of while you’re on vacation (hello twice-a-day housekeeping!)
6. To wine and dine on the delicious cruise food, drink and coffee
7. To be adventurous and try new and different foods, risk free
8. To travel to places on your “bucket list”
Cruising brings you to places that you may not have otherwise gone
“Kotor, Montenegro was breathtakingly beautiful… so unexpected.” – Sharon Swanton
9. To see your kids have the best time, both on the cruise ship and off!
10. To take a family vacation where there’s great entertainment for parents, and an amazing kid’s club!
11. To make new friends on a cruise, that turn into lifelong friends
12. To see the most beautiful sunrises
Cruising brings you closer to the sounds and sights of the sea
“The main reason I get a balcony on a cruise is for the breathtaking views and the tranquil sounds of the waves” Candy Dupre
13. To vacation in a floating hotel and see the world!
14. To visit several beaches all in one trip
15. To visit your very own cruise ship “private island”
Cruise Line Private Island destinations offer a special experience
“Half Moon Cay, I could live there. I’d live in a hut if they’d let me!” – Michelle Bond Tarbush
16. To get away from work and routine
17. To learn something new
18. To learn to salsa dance
19. To learn to watercolor paint
20. To wake up to every day to a different view
21. To see places in the world, who’s environments are changing and may not exist in the same way in a few years
22. To go on vacation, and know you and your spouse will actually relax
23. To see the world, one cruise port at a time
24.To unpack once, yet visit any destinations
25. To reaffirm what you’ve always known – you just feel better by the sea
27. To see places that were only in your dreams
28. To live your best life
29. To meet people from all over the world, both cruise passengers and crew
30. To go down some of the best waterslides, on a cruise ship at sea!
31. To have fun – yes fun!
Cruise ships can be the destination!
“One of the most memorable experiences I’ve ever had on a cruise was going go-karting on Norwegian Joy. Destinations are great, but this was racing at the top of a cruise ship!” – Suzanne Beveridge
32. To enjoy a romantic dinner, while at sea
33. To be close to the ocean
34. To see dolphins swimming alongside your ship
35. To see the best sunsets (they’re just better at sea)
36. To watch a “drive-in” style movie under the stars, on a cruiseship!
37. To laugh, really laugh, at one of many cruise ship comedy shows
38. To leave your worries at the shoreline
39. To dance in the disco, even if you never go to clubs back home
40. To travel the world in style
41. To have an easy vacation, and still see everything you want
42. To have an adventure, and go off the beaten path
43. To see the beauty of nature in the world first hand
44. To see glaciers in Alaska
Why cruise to Alaska?
“I met a lady from Chicago when we were walking in Alaska. She was crying so I asked her if she was ok. She said “It’s just so beautiful.” That was an emotional moment. To see such beauty brings you to tears” – Betty Lou Riel
45. To celebrate special occasions
46. To have a real vacation – no cleaning, no cooking
47. To spend quality time together as a family
48. To celebrate Christmas on a Cruise
49. To ring in the New Year at Sea
50. To have the ultimate multi-generational cruise – as there’s really something for everyone
51. To be able to travel accessibly, even if you’re in a wheelchair or have mobility issues
52. To eat well and safely, even if you have food allergies and dietary restrictions
53. To get dressed up and glamorous for dinner
54. To keep it casual and wear what you want
55. To be see amazing shows you couldn’t see anywhere else
46. To be at sea and feel at home
57. To hear the sounds of the waves
58. To get rocked to sleep every night
59. To breathe in the salty sea air – it’s good for you!
The ocean and waves are therapeutic. Do you agree?
60. To disconnect from the rest of the world
61. To be closer to the amazing ocean
62. To live your best life
63. To have only easy decisions to make – buffet or main dining room? Martini or wine?
64. To go on vacation, and know you and your spouse will actually relax
65. To enjoy a glass of wine on your balcony with your favorite person in the world
66. To get some ocean therapy
67. To sample places you’d love to return to for longer visits
68. To see the moon and stars at night, while out on the deep blue sea…
69. To have a vacation where you feel truly fulfilled
70. To see places in the world you likely wouldn’t otherwise get to see
Cruising to memorable places…
“Talliin, Estonia. My mother’s family is from there and I was dreaming since I was a little girl of going there. This was our Honeymoon Cruise.” – Nicole Bettinelli
71. To get the most value and price over any other vacation
72. To see marine life like whales, dolphins and flying fish
73. To give your kids amazing travel experiences
74. To never hear “I’m bored” or “I’m hungry” from anyone in the family
75. To do activities or take it easy on a sea day
76. To celebrate birthdays and anniversaries
77. To spend time with family and friends
78. To renew your vows
79. To meet your soul-mate (you never know … see story below)
80. To continue a cruising tradition with your kids
Cruising is romantic!
If you’re a hopeless romantic, you’ll love Adrienne’s true “love boat” type story. Adrienne and her husband were total strangers when they met in the dining room on the Carnival Jubilee 16 years ago.
Even though they lived in different states, they managed to date long distance until marrying just a couple of years later. They now have 2 beautiful children, and the whole family is hooked on cruising!
81. To be entertained with fun activities day and night
82. To go to informative lectures
83. To meet special guests
84. To chatting with like-minded people
85. To cruise with Celebrity Cruises, Captain Kate
Just Why One Cruises
I asked Ade from CruiseImage, why he enjoys cruising. If a photo is worth a thousand words, then his video below, “Just Why One Cruises” is beyond measure!
For more amazing cruise content, please follow Ade at Cruise Image on Instagram.
86. To have everything taken care of – “hotel”, food, transportation
87. To feel right at home on your cruise, with much better service
88. To have a stress-free holiday
89. To vacation at an almost all-inclusive price
90. To have cruise drinks by the pool
91. To have cocktails in the evening
What’s so amazing about cruising?
“Being at sea and the calmness and serenity. It’s like a moving city with everything you need on board. Best bang for your buck! Clean room, good food, and accommodations. Never bored and can be in a different place the next day” – Andrea Katz
92. To get away during the winter for some much needed vitamin Sea
93. To enjoy the variety of food, almost 24/7
94. To go on new adventures at every port of call
95. To see the beauty of different lands
96. To see UNESCO Heritage sites
97. To have unique shore excursion options, no matter what destination you visit
Interesting things to see and do when on a cruise
“Many people didn’t know about the tour, but while cruising the British Isles and porting in Belfast, Ireland we happened to tour the Game of Thrones Exhibition. We saw the “burnt sets” from season 8 and actual props from the series” – Laurie Gentry-Goodale
Bucket list experiences on a cruise
98. To relive the nostalgia of the journey to America with a Trans Atlantic crossing on the QM2
99. To visit every Margaritaville in the Caribbean (if you’re a Parrothead, this is bucket list worthy!)
100. To have a “Love Boat” cruise experience with Princess Cruises
101. To experience cruising through the Panama Canal
102. To sail on a luxury cruise ship
103. To take a world cruise and see more destinations in 100 days than you ever through possible
104. To see the Northern Lights
105. To travel and create memories that will always be cherished
Recap: 100 Reasons to Take a Cruise
Whether you’re cruising to relax and recharge, celebrate a special occasion, or see travel destinations that you’ve dreamed about – these are all great reasons to cruise!
Each cruise traveler might enjoy different experiences, but at the heart of it all is a love and connection to the sea.
Why do you enjoy cruising? Have you had any experiences that are particularly special? Please let me know in the comments below.
P.S. If you found this helpful, please don’t keep it to yourself ;-). Please share on Facebook or PIN to your favorite Pinterest board (share buttons at the top). Thanks so much!
Follow me on Facebook at Life Well Cruised
Follow me on Pinterest at Life Well Cruised
Follow me on Instagram at Life Well Cruised